Cabbage Prawn Pancetta Recipe
Cabbage prawn pancetta is a traditional Italian dish that combines the flavors of sweet cabbage, succulent prawns, and savory pancetta. The dish originated in the northern region of Italy, where it's often enjoyed as a hearty main course during the winter months.
Cabbage is low in calories and high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals like vitamin C and potassium, which can help support overall health. Prawns are an excellent source of lean protein and low in calories, while pancetta adds a rich and savory flavor without adding too many calories. Together, these ingredients create a flavorful and nutritious dish that's perfect for a cozy dinner at home.
Ingredients you will need to serve one person
- 50g cabbage, cut into strips (15 cal.)
- 80g raw, peeled prawns (45 cal.)
- 25g diced pancetta (75 cal.)
- 1/2 red and 1/2 yellow pepper, grilled and cut into strips (40 cal.)
- ½ tbsp flaked almonds (30 cal.)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil (60 cal.)
- Balsamic vinegar (10 cal.)
- Salt and ground black pepper
TOTAL CALORIES: 275
- Heat a wok or frying pan, add the nuts and cook them over a medium heat for 1-2 mins to brown. Tip out and set aside.
- Put the oil and pancetta in the pan and cook over a gentle heat for a min, then turn up the heat, add the prawns and fry for 1-2 mins on each side until lightly pink all over.
- Take them out with a draining spoon. Reheat the oil left in the pan, add the cabbage and pepper strips and stir-fry for 2-3 mins. Put the prawns and pancetta back in the pan and heat through. Season, sprinkle with almonds and balsamic vinegar.
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 20 mins