Broad Beans Brown Rice Recipe
Broad beans brown rice is a wholesome and nutritious dish that's popular in many cultures around the world, including the Middle East and the Mediterranean. The dish combines the nutty flavor of brown rice with the creamy texture and earthy flavor of broad beans.
Brown rice is a whole grain that's high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals like manganese and selenium, which can help support overall health. Broad beans, also known as fava beans, are rich in plant-based protein, fiber, and iron, and low in calories. Together, these ingredients create a balanced and healthy meal that's perfect for a vegetarian or vegan diet.
Ingredients you will need to serve one person
- 80g brown rice (100 cal.)
- 80g broad beans (90 cal.)
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil (60 cal.)
- 50ml vegetable or chicken stock (15 cal.)
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped mixed herbs (such as parsley, coriander, chives) (10 cal.)
- 1/2 clove garlic, peeled and chopped -
- 1/2 teaspoon of each paprika and ground cumin -
- Salt and ground black pepper -
- Rocket leaves, to serve -
TOTAL CALORIES: 275
- Cook the brown rice according to pack instructions. Tip into a bowl when ready.
- In the meantime, put the beans in a pan with the garlic, oil, spices and the stock. Bring to a simmer, half-cover and cook for 10-12 mins.
- Add the beans with the stock left in the pan, then mix in the herbs and season with salt and black pepper. Top with rocket leaves.
TOTAL COOKING TIME: 20 mins